(From Jamey Bennett to Daniel Larkin, via iMessage)
So easy I’m going to text it to you.
- One 28 oz can crushed tomatoes with basil,
- one 14 oz. can of coconut cream (coconut milk would work too, but I like Trader Joe’s coconut cream, it’s thicker)
- 14 oz. water (use the empty cream can),
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar,
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning,
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes,
- about 3 or 4 cloves minced garlic.
- And black pepper to taste.
Combine all in a pot stirring at high heat until nearly boiling, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes. I served it with potato pancakes. Fantastic.
Should serve about 4 bowls.