1. Don’t be a dingus.
2. Whole, unprocessed foods, preferably organic and ethical produce and meats.
3. High plant intake, especially non-starchy vegetables. Eat plenty of raw or fermented veggies, and cook other veggies gently. Moderate fruit. Eat some nuts.
4. Eat nose-to-tail. Try to eat organ meats and/or shellfish, along with fatty fish (and/or supplement fish oil) a couple times a week.
5. Paleo no-nos: Avoid grains, legumes, added sugar, shitty oils, and dairy. Very modest intake of prepared legumes and full fat dairy may be an okay indulgence on occasion.
6. Watch the carbohydrate intake whenever possible. Fiber is your friend, eat safe starches, and minimize even natural sugars.